Saturday, December 1, 2012

Test Garlic Log - Planting


I've gotten 6 different types garlic that came from the Soviet Union a decade or so back.  Today i went through and planted them all indoors.  I'll be blogging about my status of them, with lots of pictures :) fun.  I hope to log everything about them down to the taste.





Here's a set of all the bulbils.  I only had 4 of the PI 540319's which were by far the largest.  Most of the other ones look the same, they're all roughly the size of a small grain of wheat.  The 319's are more like apple seed size.  Here's a picture of me planting them.  I filled the containers with my soil blocking soil until it was about 3/4 of an inch from the top.



 I finished planting them all and topped them up with soil, and wetted it al down.  Hopefully they all grow :) and i'll have another log later next week sometime.


UPDATE 12-09-2012

First sign of life :)
A little blury, but 3 of the PI 540319 plants have tiny sprouts. 
UPDATE 12-14-2012

Still only these 3, I wonder if the 4th will grow.  None of the others have sprouted yet either.  We're at 13 days.

3 getting decently tall, i need to setup the fan.  The 2 in
the background are martin heirloom bulbils growing


UPDATE 1-31-2012 -- 2 months old now.  This is the age that you usually put things outside.  Oh well.  I hopefully will get them outside in 2 to 4 weeks.

Here's all the photos for the last month and a half.
1-04-2013



1-12-2013

 

1-22-2013
 



Looks like it's time again to take more pictures.  Should go down and take some tomorrow as well (may not get them up here as quickly, but i'm hoping to get another set of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment